2020’s Best Airsoft Shotgun. 5 Reviewed. 300 FPS+ Pump Action
At Airsoft Core we know that serious players of the game want versatility, options and a high quality weapon they can be sure is going to last. So we’ve put together a list of 5 of the best airsoft shotgun options out there.
We feel these are true heavy hitters that will provide users what they are looking for in terms of consistency and reliability in gameplay or even practice shooting. We know that users prefer options that are high FPS (300F FPS or higher) with specific features such as pump action, so this is what we’ve focused on.
We’re going to compare things such as FPS, aesthetics, etc. We feel that no matter how picky you might be as an airsoft player or even a potential airsoft player, you’ll find one of these 5 airsoft shotguns to be just right for you or the type of player you’re trying to be.
Our goal is to be unbiased in our reviews so that users can walk away feeling like we’re not trying to push them in any one direction. However, we will still give our opinion in the end of what we feel the best one of the 5 is.
Let’s find you the Best Airsoft Shotgun:
1. UTG Sport Airsoft Multi-Burst M4/90 Combat Shotgun
|Material:||ABS Plastic & Metal|
|FPS:||280 / 325 FPS|
|Ammo:||0.12g / 0.20g (more accuracy) BB|
The UTG Sport Airsoft Multi-Burst M4/90 Combat Shotgun enables users to pump and fire complete combat loads in order to execute serious missions or airsoft skirmishes. The gun has polymer construction that’s good quality along with a Matte Black non-glare finish. This M4/90 has a large 10 round 30 capacity magazine / cartridge, though watch out, you’ll get through it quickly.
- Triple the Firing Fun-3 BBs Simultaneously with Great Power and Pin Point Accuracy
- Windage/Elevation Adjustable Ghost Ring Sight for Rapid Aiming under CQB/Combat Applications
- Fully Loaded with Twistable Telescopic Stock, Low Profile Tactical Rail, Front/Rear Sights and Pistol Grip
- Tough, durable airsoft shotgun, perfect for skirmish.
- The weight is better than what some users would expect with an airsoft shotgun of this size.
- Very accurate shotgun.
- Perfect for CQB
- Rather hard to cock for battle.
- You’ll need to adjust the stock to improve accuracy.
- For skirmish you'll need a few extra magazines / shells.
2. Double Eagle M58B Metal Tactical Airsoft Shotgun 350-FPS
|FPS:||350 – 400|
|Ammo:||0.12g – 0.20g 6MM BB|
Built from abs plastic and metal, the Double Eagle M58B is surprisingly durable and has a good range. One of the downsides is with a relatively small magazine capacity, at 14 rounds, the gun frequently needs refilling. Amongst some of the features users can expect to find will be a replica heat shield, a full stock as well as rear sling swivels.
- Metal Airsoft Shotgun
- 400-FPS (WOW!)
- Speedloader, Sling Included
- Quality durable build, offering a good bang for your buck.
- With 0.12g BBs a velocity of upto 400fps
- Good sidearm at 1:1 realistic scale
- Small magazine size, likely to need a spare
- It's good to have a sling, though it's not the highest quality
3. BBTac Airsoft Pump Action Shotgun 400 FPS
Gun comes with a free spring as well as a free speed loader. It has a 14 round magazine capacity. This airsoft gun has very nice pistol grip and it doesn’t take too much to cock it back either, even though it has a high FPS. With an adjustable hop up accuracy can easily be improved.
|FPS:||400 FPS Max|
|Ammo:||0.20g / 0.25g for improved accuracy|
Unlike a pistol or revolver as a side arm, the BBTac Pump Action Shotgun is heavy hitting with a strong muzzle velocity, accuracy and range around 50ft. Overall it’s a well-built good quality authentic looking airsoft gun, that gives any CO2 gas airsoft shotgun a run for it’s money.
- Good quality strong build, with good gun weight.
- Very accurate and powerful.
- All metal gun frame.
- 0.25g BBs can be used for improved accuracy / damage.
- Additional or spare magazines would benefit, as at 14 rounds they are small.
- A replacement BB speed loader would benefit.
4. Hwasan Double Barrel Green Gas Airsoft Shotgun
This airsoft gun is for users who want something that has power, but at the same time isn’t going to be overpowering. It has a very durable body that can take a little abuse and it also provides users with a solid and realistic feel.
|Power:||CO2 / Green Gas|
The Hwasan Double Barrel Green Gas Airsoft Shotgun 300 fps sawed off airsoft gun is able to shoot off in semi-automatic fashion and has a working hammer, which makes it one of the more authentic airsoft guns you’ll find on the market.
There’s a bag of P-Force Super Premium 5,000 .20g BBs. This is a nice amount of ammunition to get a user started.
- Green Gas Powered
- Two 1-7 Round Shells
- FPS: 420 (With .20g BBs)
- Incredible muzzle velocity due to CO2 or Green Gas power.
- Durable body means users can be aggressive in play without worrying about damaging a key feature of this gun.
- Real wood grip.
- Performs best with less BBs in magazine.
- Additional magazines will be needed to use as a side arm.
5. BBtac BT-M58A 350 FPS Spring Pump Action Airsoft Shotgun
|Ammo:||0.20g / 0.25g|
The magazine capacity is 15 rounds and it’s a magazine fed gun. This means users won’t have to be concerned about loading shells over and over. The BBtac BT-M58A 350 FPS Spring Pump Action Airsoft Shotgun comes with a full stock, which will fit perfectly against a user’s shoulder.
In addition to this it also has a replica heat shield with holes drilled into it. This provides an even greater sense of authenticity.
- Gun is comprised of hard ABS plastic, outside of the barrel and select other components.
- Has good firing power and will shoot single BBs.
- Cocking mechanism is pretty simple to use compared to other options on the market.
- Speed loader comes in handy when and a fast fix is required
- Some users will find that the hop up system can be tough to calibrate at times, because it might fire either too high or too low.
- Gun doesn’t have any sights.
- Mag might be a little too small for some.
What is the Best Airsoft Shotgun 2020?
Now that we’ve gone through and reviewed the best airsoft shotguns of 2020, we want to go over what we think about all of them. This is to help readers get some idea as to why we value a certain airsoft gun the way we do. Following is a short summary of each airsoft shotgun and how we at Airsoft Core feel about it.
At first we were concerned that the performance of the UTG Sport Airsoft Multi-Burst M4/90 Combat Shotgun would let us down, but it doesn’t. We feel users are really going to appreciate the high level of performance they get from this airsoft shotgun. For the amount of money it costs we feel it’s a pretty solid replica of the M1014. This gun will serve users very well in CQC skirmishes as well as backyard skirmishes. Range for the gun is good is also good and should reliable on the field.
The Double eagles m58b metal tactical shotgun airsoft gun 350-FPS is a nice looking version of the Mossberg 590. We feel this is a good quality spring shotgun that works really well for playful skirmishes. The action for this shotgun is actually pretty smooth and feels nice. One flaw to the gun is that it’s only able to shoot off 1 BB at a given time. However, users shouldn’t be deterred by this. It compensates for this by providing superior range. This airsoft shotgun has a sturdy feel to it and is a combination of metal and ABS plastic. We feel it should last for quite as long as users don’t mishandle it too much.
The BBTac Airsoft Pump Action Shotgun Rifle 400 FPS airsoft gun overall is incredible in terms of how powerful it is and how simple it is to pump. We feel this gun would be perfect for someone who has a tough time cocking these types of guns. It will enable them to feel more comfortable and this might help them in actual play. We feel like the actual FPS of this gun should be a little higher than stated.
The hop up feature works well in order to enable users to have an easy time making adjustments to the gun. The sling comes in handy for a multitude of different reasons and we appreciate the speed loader. If it didn’t have a speed loader we feel users would have a tougher time loading the magazine. All in all for the price we feel this gun is hard to beat.
We feel that the primary selling point for the Hwasan Double Barrel Green Gas Airsoft Shotgun 300 fps sawed off is its power. Now we know power isn’t at the top of every users list of most important criteria, but we know it is for most. The fact that its green gas powered makes it even better.
We don’t feel like this would make a good airsoft gun for someone who is just getting started in the sport of airsoft, but we feel it would work well for those who are at least intermediate players. If a beginner uses this gun then there’s a chance it can be overpowering to them. We like the fact that it comes with some extras. All in all a great airsoft gun for someone who is looking to be taken seriously in play and moving up from a lower level option.
We like the realistic weight and feel of the BBtac BT-M58A 350 FPS Spring Pump Action Airsoft Shotgun. It looks very much like the Mossberg 500. The build is nice and solid and on top of this users can’t count on the accuracy level of it. We feel users are really going to like the pump action of this gun. Expect shooting to be pretty fast, which will require good shooting skill if the goal is to maintain accuracy.
On top of all of this users can expect to get a maintenance stick with the gun that makes it easy to clean out dirt as well as jammed BBs from inside the barrel. Overall we feel the strongest selling point for this airsoft gun is how fast it shoots. This makes it great for point shooting or training due to how accurate it is.
So which is the Best Airsoft Shotgun? Based on Price, Value & Quality.
We’re being honest when we say this, but we truly feel like the BBtac BT-M58A 350 FPS Spring Pump Action Airsoft Shotgun is one of the better options out there. We’re not just saying this due to the low price either.
- Airsoft Shotgun pump-action repeater 500 model with a single pump shot and a heavy barrel, both added for realism
- Great entry level Airsoft shotgun that can be used as a primary or back up airsoft gun
- Metal heat sink and reinforced internal parts, On-frame Precise Hop-up Adjustment Switch
We know that some users will actually look at the price of this airsoft gun as a bad thing and stay away because of this. This can be due to bad experience with other low cost options in the past. However we feel like the realistic weight combined with the speed of this gun just makes it top notch.
It doesn’t stop there. Speed is one thing, accuracy is another. At Airsoft Core we want users to have both if they can. We feel this gun provides both of those. Plus maintenance is pretty easy. It won’t be a hassle at all to keep the gun functioning the way it needs to in order to provide the user with a high quality of play or practice shooting.
What would be our second pick? Well we feel like the Hwasan Double Barrel Green Gas Airsoft Shotgun 300 fps sawed off is pretty impressive. Yes, the high price tag is going to be a point of resistance for some, but for those who want to step up to something with true power and intimidation capability, then this is the airsoft gun for you.
Potential buyers on the fence can always choose to purchase more than one if they really want to test out the performance level for themselves. Some of these are priced low enough to the point where that shouldn’t be a problem.
But if you want to make just one investment, then we feel the two airsoft shotguns we recommended are great.
Looking for something else, another side arm or something for plinking, take a look at our comprehensive best airsoft gun guide, including some budget buys, here.