2019’s Best Airsoft Revolver: 5 Gas & Sprung Guns Reviewed.
Here at Airsoft Core we believe in educating users properly on the different types of options available. This is so you know what a certain style of airsoft gun can do and whether it’s the right fit. Airsoft revolvers are an option you don’t hear a lot about and you don’t read a lot about. Well we’ve done something to change that at Airsoft Core, so find the Best Airsoft Revolver for you here.
We’ve taken the time to not only answer some of the more important questions potential users have, but we’ve also taken the time to review 5 of the best airsoft revolvers on the market.
Airsoft Revolvers – AirsoftCore’s Quick Buyers Guide
How much more strategic do you have to be with an airsoft revolvers over something such as a pistol?
If you were going to use something such as a pistol, then you don’t have to be as strategic when it comes to firing off shots. You get more of them. With a revolver the shots you take have to be more deliberate and thought out, because you only get 6 of them. Revolvers are a blast to use in the game, but certainly not as practical as some other options might be.
Is the Velocity (FPS) on airsoft revolvers going to be lower due to their small size?
Believe it or not a lot of revolvers typically have an FPS that’s reasonably high. This is due to most of them being CO2 powered.
What is one of the primary things a person should look for in an airsoft revolver if they are just getting into using them?
Speaking from our professional experience at AirsoftCore we believe that users should focus on a gun that has superior performance and can be loaded easily. The last thing you want is for performance to be compromised in any way. A good revolver is one that is easy to load and easy to make use of. Additional things a user needs to look for are as follows:
- Easy unloading procedure-An easy unloading procedure will give you an advantage over opponents when playing the game.
- An easily adjustable crane stock-With an easily adjustable crane stock positioning or angling won’t be an issue in any way.
- Rate of fire-If the goal is to have a good airsoft revolver, then you have to make sure the rate of fire is what it needs to be. A good revolver will provide a rate of fire that’s consistent and will make sure a user is able to shoot off in any direction with no issues.
- Forms of ammunition cartridge-It is best to go with options that are metal rather than plastic, because these have been shown to hold better.
What different variations of airsoft revolvers can you find on the market?
You can find different variations of these guns, which would include spring powered and CO2 powered options. Spring powered options are those that are going to require a user to manually cock the hammer before shooting off every shot. With a CO2 powered option you can shoot off all the barrels as quickly as you’re able to pull the trigger. At Airsoft Core you can find each of these variations in order to get a revolver that will be just right for your needs or style of shooting.
The basics are something we feel users of airsoft revolvers will appreciate more than anything in the beginning. As you get accustomed to using these you’ll want to focus more on the overall functionality and realism of your piece.
Following are reviews of 5 of the best airsoft revolver pieces out there. Remember these are just a sample and you shouldn’t let yourself be limited to just these, but these are a great starting point.
Let’s find you the Best Airsoft Revolver:
Dan Wesson ASG CO2 Airsoft Revolver 8” Review
|Ammo:||0.20g 6mm BB|
The Dan Wesson ASG CO2 Airsoft Revolver 8″ is comprised of primarily metal, but the ergonomic grip is made using hard ABS plastic. There’s a 12g CO2 cartridge stored within the grip and can be accessed without hassle by simply sliding back the grip. The style of loading is simplified. Every one of the 6 cartridges is able to maintain one BB and is positioned within the metal cylinder that turns after every round if shot off. Included with this revolver would be a speed loader, an attachable tactical rail as well as 6 cartridges.
- True Six-Shooter Airsoft Revolver, perfect for target practice.
- The construction quality of this revolver is pretty high quality and it’s hard to not notice this. It’s complete metal, tough and provides a look that’s hard to not appreciate.
- Revolver is able to be shot off by means of pulling the trigger by itself without doing anything else or a user can choose to cock it first. This will lead to a trigger pull that’s on the lighter side.
- Realistic shell style magazines.
- Most users report velocity of 450fps+
- No adjustable hop up, you'll need to aim higher.
- 10 rounds per 12g CO2 cartridge.
Crosman 357 Vigilante CO2 Semi-Automatic Airsoft Revolver Pistol 435 FPS
|Ammo:||0.177 BB Pellets|
|Range:||Good for CQB|
In terms of ease of use it doesn’t get any easier and it can shoot pretty accurately by means of the six inch rifled steel barrel on it. It can shoot at about 435 FPS and uses .177 BBs. The Crosman 357 CO2 BB Revolver 435 FPS Semi-Automatic includes the gun, a 10 pellet clip/6 round clip, the holster, an additional pellet clip as well as one additional BB clip.
- Holster included - $10 value
- Extra 10-shot pellet clip, 6-shot bb clip included - $5 value
- Caliber: 0.177, Rifled Barrel, Velocity: 435 feet per second
- Powered by CO2, Ammo Type: Pellets & BBs
- Single and Double action
- Large 10 round clip, with second 6 round clip included.
- Thanks to the adjustable rear sight users will find that accuracy is pretty good. Users won’t have to worry about making changes to it unless they want to, because it comes well adjusted by the maker’s right out of the box.
- Users will like how durable the gun is, meaning that they won’t have to worry about it becoming undone with a little use like they would a poorly constructed piece.
- Gun doesn’t make bad use of CO2 like some other options would. You can rely on getting off a certain number of shots before having to replace it, usually little over 70.
- There’s a double action trigger pull that operates very smooth, however users have complained about it being on the heavy side. In order to ensure you get top accuracy it might be best to make use of single shot action instead of the semi-auto.
- Although the gun has a pretty firm grip, there are two pieces making up the grip that can be a bit flimsy at times. Because of this users will need to make sure they are cautious when taking them off.
Umarex Elite Force H8R CO2 Powered Airsoft Revolver 320FPS
|Ammo:||0.25g 6mm BBs|
Users can expect a revolver that has a loading mechanism that’s not generic. It’s able to hold about 10 rounds for each refill disk. What’s even better is that these disks are reusable. If you are a user that values a piece that enables you to add different attachments you can’t live without, then you’ll appreciate the upper and lower rails of this piece. This is a CO2 powered revolver piece and it’s CGB legal at the majority of fields you would play on. It can fire off about 320 FPS assuming BBs that are at least .25g are being used.
- CO2 Powered
- Fixed Hop Unit that is tuned for .25g BBs
- Upper and Lower Tactical Rail
- Awesome price for those on a budget, but still want an awesome sidearm
- Made of Polymer for durability while being light weight and cost effective
- The construction of this airsoft gun is very well done and the tactical design is one that serious users are going to appreciate.
- Double tactical rails, perfect for accessories.
- A lot of revolvers you’ll find for airsoft don’t have a good FPS for CQB, but that isn’t an issue with this piece.
- 6 mags included, making it perfect for skirmish.
- Not only is this gun accurate, you should get 21 rounds per 12g CO2 cartridge.
- Better suited to CQB than field airsoft skirmish
- Fixed hop up prevent accuracy being adjusted.
- Mainly plastic frame
Colt Python 2.5″ CO2 375 FPS Airsoft Revolver Review
|Ammo:||0.177 BB Pellets|
The grips are textured in order to make handling easier. It’s single/double action. Included are the gun, 4 magazines, 2 polymer pellets as well as 2 metal pellets. The Colt Python 2.5″ CO2 375 FPS Airsoft Revolver is accurate up to little over 70 feet, which is more than users would usually expect from a piece with a short barrel.
- caliber: 0.177
- velocity: 375.00 ft/sec
- Single-Action, Double-Action
- Ideal for plinking and target practice
- Short and smooth double action trigger
- Adjustable sights to improve accuracy
- Gun might not be constructed of completely metal like some users would prefer, but overall the build of the gun is still top flight.
- Dual purpose magazine, perfect for plastic BB's - pellets may drop out
- Due to the fact that it’s made from mostly plastic, this can give the gun a look that doesn’t come off as authentic as some users would like.
GameFace ACG357 Crosman GF600 CO2 Powered Semi Auto 8-Shot Airsoft Revolver
|FPS:||420 – 450|
|Ammo:||0.12g / 0.20g|
|Range:||Good – Perfect for skirmishing|
It’s certainly not a real gun, but this doesn’t mean users can’t practice things such as sighting and getting used to how to pull the trigger. When you factor in how much it costs to do something such as going to a gun range, using this piece instead makes perfect sense. Users are new to using a revolver type gun of any sort will appreciate the GameFace ACG357 Crosman GF600 357 Revolver. In addition to helping to improve skills it can also be a lot of fun during competitive action.
- Ergonomic, finger molded, textured grip
- Realistic swing out cylinder and 8 round clip
- Fixed blade front sight
- 6mm Airsoft/upto 420 FPS
- CO2 Powered Semi-Automatic Revolver
- Realistic swing-out cylinder and 8-round clip
- The accuracy is good, but keep in mind this is going to come down to how good someone is in terms of overall skill. Other things that can impact accuracy can be how far away you’re trying to shoot.
- . It has a good quality build for what it costs, which means users can be a little rough with it without having to worry about effecting how it works.
- Adjustable sights counter the lack of hop-up
- Overall a great airsoft gun for the money.
- Some users have said that at times the gun can be a little difficult to reload, but improves as they get accustomed to the process.
- Would benefit from additional clips, the 3 included won't get you far when using as a sidearm.
So What is the Best Airsoft Revolver 2019?
Now we’re going to go over all of these airsoft guns in short order so that users will have an easier time deciding on which one might be the best option for them. So here is our summary of the 5 airsoft gun options mentioned here.
The Colt Python 2.5″ CO2 375 FPS Airsoft Revolver is designed to model the Colt Python, but we feel it doesn’t do this as well as it could. It’s still a solid gun, but the fact that it’s made using so much plastic takes away from the realness factor. It does have a rifled barrel though and is able to shoot pellets pretty good. Users are going to be pleasantly surprised by how accurate it actually is, especially for a gun that has only a 2.5” barrel on it. Other important things to speak well on here are how simple the magazines are to load. It’s a light gun because of the plastic build, which will suit users who prefer something on the lighter side. All in all we feel it’s worth having as an additional to an airsoft gun collection.
If you want an airsoft gun that’s unique and will provide you with a good experience whether it is in practice or gameplay, then we feel that the GameFace ACG357 Crosman GF600 Revolver is perfect. We have to be honest and say that we don’t feel like it’s the best in terms of accuracy as it could be, but if we were grading it from 1 to 10 with one being the worse and ten being the best we would give it a 9.
In terms of power you get a lot with this gun. You’ll be able to test this out for yourself and see when it pierces through things you think it wouldn’t be able to. Some examples would include different fabrics. The build is good and the feel is good. All in all we feel like it’s going to be hard for purchasers of this piece to have any regrets.
We would say that for the price of this gun it would work very well for those who want to get in some good target practice shooting. It does have some power, but it might not have the type of power users are looking for if the goal were to use it for something else. Works great for game play and we feel it would make a great beginner airsoft gun due to it unintimidating nature.
All in all the Umarex Elite Force H8R CO2 Powered Airsoft Revolver 320FPS is an airsoft gun that’s made to be very nice looking, but it offer so much more than this. First we believe in terms of the feel this piece provides users are going to like it. It not too light, but it’s not really weighty either. We would say the weight is right what it needs to be in order to feel comfortable handling it in practice or in game play. The grip is ergonomic and won’t cause a person discomfort. Even though the gun is comprised of polymer it’s very strong. This means that when it comes to problems such as denting, scratching or even heat issues these shouldn’t be a problem. We feel like this airsoft gun is one of the better options for skirmish and CQB play.
Users who are looking for a revolver that’s looks very close to the real thing will appreciate the Dan Wesson ASG CO2 Airsoft Revolver 8, because it’s as close as they can probably get in this regard. It’s all metal construction adds the sense of realism users crave along with the heaviness of the piece. Its accuracy is superior and the finish is nicely done in order to create the aesthetic appeal so desired by serious owners. For the price of this piece it’s a good choice.
Best Value & Best Overall Airsoft Revolver Buys
There are several other airsoft revolvers you might want to consider looking at, but we feel the above 5 mentioned are indeed some of the best. What we don’t want users to do at Airsoft Core is focus too much on the price and think this equates to value. A cheaper option can be good as long as it comes from a maker with a good reputation. We offer several such options here and feel if you want something else we either have it or can get it.
Next, we like the price, we feel this is going to be affordable to most people and they won’t have to worry about sacrificing on things such as authenticity, FPS capability and durability. Sure, the other options mentioned are all good. If we’re going with what we feel provided the best bang for the buck though, then the Umarex Elite Force H8R CO2 Powered Airsoft Revolver 320FPS option would be what we recommend.
The Dan Wesson ASG CO2 Airsoft Revolver 8″ is also a good choice and would be our runner up. It’s a little bit more expensive, but will give users a classic look they will appreciate. As a starter option it’s great.
Airsoft revolvers aren’t the most popular option in the game, because people tend to look to getting the rifles and high powered guns. However, if your goal is to keep things simple and get acclimated to the sport in a way that will enable you to take baby steps, then an airsoft revolver might be just what you need. They are simple, compact and built for precision shooting. They also serve as a good secondary piece or side arm in skirmish.